[nfbwatlk] Find out how Metro's proposed cuts will affect you

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:53:06 UTC 2013

FIND OUT HOW BUS CUTS WILL AFFECT YOU
After a full regular session and three special sessions, the legislature
has not acted to authorize a stable funding source for King County Metro.
This means that the agency must begin planning to implement devastating
cuts, which would cancel 74 bus routes and reduce or revise 107 more.
In the coming months, Metro will host a series of public information
sessions to educate riders about the cuts. Attend the session nearest you
to learn more about how these drastic changes will impact your community.

West Seattle: Tuesday, Dec. 3, 6-8 p.m., Youngstown Cultural Arts Center,
4408 Delridge Way SW, Seattle
North Seattle: Thursday, Dec. 5, 6-8 p.m., North Seattle Community
College, 9600 College Way N, Seattle
Downtown Seattle: Tuesday, Dec. 10, noon- 2 p.m., Union Station, 401 S.
Jackson St., Seattle
Bellevue: Wednesday, Dec. 11, 6- 8 p.m., Bellevue City Hall, 450 110th
Ave. NE, Bellevue
Kent: Monday, Dec. 16, 6-8 p.m., Kent Commons, 525 Fourth Ave. N, Kent
Kirkland: Thursday, Jan. 16, 6- 8 p.m., Peter Kirk Community Center, 12421
103rd Ave NE, Kirkland
Southeast Seattle: Thursday, Jan. 23, 6-8 p.m., South Shore K-8, 4800
South Henderson St., Seattle
North King County: Monday, Jan. 27, 6-8 p.m., Lake Forest Park City Hall,
17425 Ballinger Way NE, Lake Forest Park

But there is still hope of a solution. Last week, King County Executive
Dow Constantine officially announced his intention to put the decision
about Metro's future before the public in 2014. Many of the details about
the ballot measure will be finalized in the coming months, and we'll be
sure to keep you posted.
Here's to saving service!

The Transportation Choices team
Transit for all!

Transportation Choices Coalition
219 1st Ave S., Suite 420, Seattle, WA, 98104,

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan