[nfbwatlk] Adrienne Asch

Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Tue Nov 19 18:05:41 UTC 2013

Those of you who were at last years convention heard Adrienne present on bioethics and blindness. She contributed internationally on the subject of bioethics and the disabled. I have copied a note from President Maurer concerning her passing. As a friend and colleague she will be greatly missed.

       Adrienne Asch has been severely ill with cancer. At the National Federation of the Blind convention this summer, she joyously delivered an address raising questions about bioethics and blindness. During her life she made many contributions in the academic and ethics arenas. She died this morning about eight o'clock eastern time. She had been in severe pain, but she was surrounded by friends. She was a lady who made enormous contributions. We had a Jewish Seder last spring that she organized. She had faith in God, and I urge you to keep her in your prayers.

Cordially,
Marc Maurer, President
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

Sent from my iPhone