[nfbwatlk] FW: National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Nov 13 21:53:51 UTC 2013
From: Elizabeth Bass [mailto:ebass at seattledbsc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:33 AM
Subject: National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program
Dear Deaf-Blind Community & Friends,
This is important information about communication equipment that you might be able to receive. Please read carefully. The attached flyer and the information below are the same.
For more information or to apply, contact Angela Theriault at atheriault at seattledbsc.org<mailto:atheriault at seattledbsc.org> or 206-257-2754.
DBSC Admin Assistant
National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program (NDBEDP)
The Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA) authorizes the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide up to $10 million annually for local programs to distribute communication equipment to low-income deaf-blind individuals. The goal is to provide them access to communication tools like email, text, and call using modern technology to interact with the world as an involved member of society.
Types of FREE Equipment Available:
* Braille Devices: Braille Display & BrailleNote
* Computers & Tablets
* Software: ZoomText, Jaws, Window-Eyes, etc.
* Phones: Smartphones, Amplified Phones, Cap Tel, etc.
Hearing & Visual Loss Prerequisites:
1. Have a central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with corrective lenses, or a field defect such that the peripheral diameter of visual field subtends an angular distance no greater than 20 degrees, or a progressive visual loss having a prognosis leading to one or both these conditions.
2. Have a chronic hearing impairment so severe that most speech cannot be understood with optimum amplification, or a progressive hearing loss having a prognosis leading to this condition.
Applicant must meet income requirements that do not exceed 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Example: below $44,680 for 1 person or $60,520 for 2 people.
Contact Angela Theriault at atheriault at seattledbsc.org<mailto:atheriault at seattledbsc.org> or 206-257-2754 at the Deaf-Blind Service Center for more information or to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 460497 bytes
More information about the NFBWATlk