[nfbwatlk] FW: [List] some not so very good news

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Thu May 16 06:15:13 UTC 2013

Hi,
I know some blind people say the Dining in the Dark events are positive and
a way for us to make some positive points but I still feel very
uncomfortable about it.  They seem to be doing those events all over the
place.  I don't even like the name "dining in the dark" because it assumes
that all blind people are in the dark, which can be taken literally or
figuratively and is negative either way.

Stay on top of them!
Thanks
Lauren
"Can you think of times when an encouraging word or act helped shape your
life? Someone loved you, spoke kindly to you, gave you a chance or put an
arm around your shoulder and it changed you.  Their encouragement became the
cure for your grief, your discouragement or your loneliness.  You can be
that encourager for others in need." --Bob Patterson
visit us at catlines.com and lettingthecatoutofthebag.com