[nfbwatlk] Budget Cuts to the Washington Talking Book and Braille Library

Mon Mar 25 19:10:58 UTC 2013

Since this is a nonpartisan issue, I will post this.  I have been asked to let folks know, that the State Senate Ways and Means Committee is supposed to be considering the budget this week, which includes the proposed budget cuts to the WTBBL of some 600 thousand dollars. We need to contact particularly the Senators on the committee to give them the message that this is an intolerable cut. We have been the recipient of cuts to the Library services during the last several sessions, and we can't afford this additional tremendous amount of money being cut from our library services. We won't have a library as we know it if this keeps up. My Senator is Andy Hill, Republican, and he's the chair of that committee.  I guess there are senate members from a number of districts, including from Spokane on that committee.  Let's call the hot-line to leave messages, and even the direct offices of the Senators on the committee and get the message across that the library is needed, and the money must be restored.

/s/

Bennett Prows