[nfbwatlk] Mariners and King Felix

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Fri Feb 8 01:21:11 UTC 2013

Well, it looks like we have Felix for the next several years. Pitchers and catchers report to camp in 5 days. MLB At Bat Gameday audio subscriptions renew at the end of this month. Bring on the baseball!

The following was from the King 5 story:

The Seattle Mariners and Felix Hernandez have agreed to a seven-year, $175 million contract extension, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports. The deal, which would be finalized before spring training, would reportedly make King Felix the highest-paid pitcher in baseball history.

There was no official announcement Thursday by the Mariners or from Hernandez’s agent.

Nightengale reports Hernandez was scheduled to earn $19.5 million this season and $20 million next season. The new deal would replace that and pay him an average of $25 million through 2019.

Hernandez, who is only 27, still has many productive years left if he stays healthy. The contract would expire when he is 33.

Hernandez won the American League Cy Young Award in 2010 despite posting a 13-12 record on a dismal Mariners team. He threw the first perfect game in Mariners history last season.

For his career, Hernandez is 98-76 with a 3.22 ERA and 1487 strikeouts,

Oh yeah, one more thing. Right now you can buy a special Valentines gift package from the M's. For $50 you get either 2 lower level or 4 view(upper) level seats. I'm getting at least one Valentines gift, but I would gladly accept more. (Large Smile)

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/sea/ticketing/gift_pack.jsp?partnerid=aw-4655557583949469468-1076

Your Colleague and Forever Baseball Fan,

Marci