[nfbwatlk] Interesting Post to the Chapter Presidents' List

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Nov 25 15:34:22 UTC 2012

Anyone who thinks the Internet isn't a predatory jungle should ponder the
post below.

Incidentally, the NFB of Washington pays both for its domain name and for
web hosting so we should theoretically be protected from shenanigans like
that described below.

At first, I wondered if NFBNY just inadvertently let its domain registration
run out. However, domains aren't usually sold on eBay so I suspect Mr.
Robinson may be correct.

One time a person involved in eye-glasses sales donated an 800 number to our
affiliate for a while but we knew the grant was just to get started and when
we began to pay the cost, we were in danger of losing our shirts so we
canceled the deal.

Now on to the mischief!

Mike Freeman, President

NFB of Washington