[nfbwatlk] FW: NFBNJ: Sandy Relief Fund, Please Share

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Nov 17 21:17:08 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: State-affiliate-leadership-list
[mailto:state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of joe
ruffalo
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:58 PM
To: presidents list
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] NFBNJ: Sandy Relief Fund, Please
Share

To the state presidents!
Many of you have emailed and called to offer support to New Jersey, New York
and Connecticut pertaining to Sandy.
At the 36th state convention of the National Federation of the Blind held on
November 9 through November 11, the members of the NFBNJ established the
Sandy relief Fund.
this fund will assist members that have lost or have damage equipment
pertaining to vision loss.
We have learned of many agencies, organizations and funds that are assisting
anyone with needs pertaining to shelter, food, home repairs and etc due to
the storm.

We have not learned of any fund that will assist persons who are blind with
equipment needs and therefore, the Sandy Relief Fund has been established.
The following email was forwarded to all on the NFBNJ email lists.
Thanks for any consideration.
**

Dear Federation Family,

Many of our members were impacted by Hurricane Sandy.   We hope this note
finds you and your loved ones safe. We also wanted to let you know that your
NFB family is very concerned and is here for you.

At our recent National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey 36th State
Convention , we created a fund to assist members who lost adaptive equipment
related to blindness due to the hurricane.  If you are in this situation and
need funds to assist you with obtaining your essential blindness-related
equipment, please contact either Jane Degenshein, Sandy Committee Chair at
973-736-5785 or by email at jdegen16 at comcast.net or Joe Ruffalo, President,
NFBNJ, at
973-743-0075 or by email at nfbnj1 at verizon.net.
Kindly get your requests for  this assistance to either Jane or Joe no later
than Tuesday, November 27th.
If you can assist with funds, please send your donation to:

Joseph Ruffalo
                         NFBNJ
254 Spruce Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003

Make checks payable to NFBNJ and note in the memo section: Sandy Relief Fund

Thank you for caring and sharing,

The NFB of NJ Sandy Relief Committee