[nfbwatlk] HELP test an accessible discussion system (current topic: Metro's policies for blind riders)

Shiri Azenkot shiri.azenkot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:49:22 UTC 2012

forwarding on behalf of a group of students at the University of
Washington. Please contact them directly (details are below).

----------------------------

You are invited to participate in a discussion on accessibility policies
within King County Metro Transit. This discussion is part of a project in
the University of Washington Computer Science and Engineering Department on
promoting public deliberation on topical issues. Specifically, we are
testing a platform optimized for blind and low-vision users.

To join the conversation, visit http://amlia.cs.washington.edu/mobile/.
There, you can consider two hypothetical changes to Metro Transit's
accessibility practices. *Please note that we are neither affiliated with
nor endorsed by Metro, and these proposals are not under active
consideration. *Metro is, however, interested in better ways for blind and
other riders to provide input to the agency, and we will also present
the results from this particular discussion to Metro.

The interface was designed especially for mobile devices and Apple's
VoiceOver technology but is expected to be compatible with most standard
screen readers.

We encourage you to send us feedback on the design at
considerit481 at googlegroups.com. Additionally, if you are willing to
participate in a phone interview on your experience, please contact us with
your phone number and a few times you are available in the next two weeks. *We
will offer interview participants $10 gift cards in appreciation for their
time.*
*
*
Hope to see you at http://amlia.cs.washington.edu/mobile!

Sincerely,
Donovan Hunt, Yizhou Wang, and Krysta Yousoufian
University of Washington Computer Science and Engineering
considerit481 at googlegroups.com