[nfbwatlk] ACB Resolution

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jul 15 19:48:43 UTC 2012

Hi, Jedi.

Morally, I absolutely agree with you. Moreover, as I indicate in another
message, I consider the role-reversal here most interesting. I'ts usually
ACB that trumpets its making common cause with other disabilities, accusing
NFB of being narrow-minded at best and only caring about the "super-blind"
at worst. In this instance, however, it is *we* who are making common cause
with other disability groups who obviously have seen through the flimflam of
those who say they are providing pride to disabled workers supposedly
incapable of earning a living (one wonders whether those who utter such
nonsense would accept or live very long on pride as opposed to real money).

However, fairness compels me to observe that, assuming the recommendation of
the Resolutions Committee were the same, the resolution wouldn't have passed
under our convention rules, either. First, Jeff Bishop wasn't there to speak
for his own resolution, either during the committee meeting or on the
convention floor. Second, the way things are currently structured, to
overcome a "do not pass" recommendation of the Resolutions Committee, were
Mr. Bishop operating in our organization, he would have had to get the
recommendations of five affiliate presidents to bring the resolution to the
floor.

The foregoing is not meant to disrespect your musings or to disassociate me
from the indignation we all ought to feel at the moral bankruptcy this
resolution shows ACB to have descended to.

Mike Freeman