[nfbwatlk] the advantage of braille menus

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Sun Jul 8 06:13:19 UTC 2012

Hi,
I hadn't been to Red Robin since April and I went last night.  I was given a braille menu and it turns out it was brand new, with new and different info on it.  I discovered that they no longer have my yummy French onion soup, which was disappointing.  But I did discover a very yummy smoothie they now have, the groovy smoothie!

So it was doubly good to have the new menu and keep up with their info.  I was really glad to have it to PURRuse.

Mimi's restaurant, here in Fairfield, has braille menus, too, and I've looked at them several times now.

I don't like the idea that some have of going into a restaurant already knowing what you want, unless you've been there lots of times and know what you want.  I like to know what is on a menu so that I can decide, like everyone else, what I am really hungry for at a given time.  Yea, braille!
Thanks
Lauren

advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be
understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
-- Ralph Nichols
Visit us at catliness.com