[nfbwatlk] Our opportunity is now

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:27:14 UTC 2012

In Washington, all people deserve an equal opportunity to prosperity, and
that starts with the ability to get to a job. A transportation network that
provides Washingtonians the ability to get to work and school reliably and
affordably is the backbone to a strong economy, it gives all people
opportunities for success. Walking, biking, and transit provide affordable
and healthy ways to get around Washington.

But look around your community and you'll notice Washington State has not
prioritized investments to make sure we all have equal opportunity to get to
our jobs or schools affordably. Transportation should not be a barrier to
prosperity for businesses and families.

We have the power to change this --- we need our next governor to support
equal opportunity for working families. Jay Inslee's and Rob McKenna's first
debate since the primary is tonight in Vancouver, and the topic of
transportation will undoubtedly be raised.

Let's show the next governor that Washingtonians love to walk, bike, and
take transit. Sign our petition >>

Investments in walking, biking, and transit make sense. Their construction
creates far more jobs than new highways. Working families can save money by
skipping the gas pump. And the infrastructure stitches together
neighborhoods, supporting small, local businesses.

We have a choice this November for our next governor between Inslee and
McKenna. And they have a choice over whether they'll support walking,
biking, and transit.

Let's make sure Inslee and McKenna hear from hundreds of Washingtonians
before tonight's debate in Vancouver.

Join us. Sign the petition.

Together we can transform state transportation to allow equal opportunity
and transportation for all.

Sincerely,

Carrie Dolwick, Campaign Director
Brock Howell, Field Director
Transportation For Washington

P.S. Vancouver is the first gubernatorial debate of the general election
season and will set-up how transportation is talked about for the rest of
the campaign.  Let's make sure they're talk about walking, biking, and
transit. Sign our petition.  Then, send an email directly to the campaigns
as well.

----

Transportation for Washington is a multi-year campaign led by Futurewise and
Transportation Choices and supported by more than 200 public officials and
organizations that represent equity, labor, business, transportation,
environment, and health.

Join us on Facebook & Twitter @Transpo4WA

Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Ave Ste 626, Seattle, WA, 98104,