[nfbwatlk] FW: NFB stand on Blind Child Area signs?

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Wed Aug 29 07:23:36 UTC 2012

Hi,
My daughter and I were nearly across a street once when a driver hit me,
which made me push my daughter down.  She wasn't hurt, thank goodness, but I
was.  They didn't charge the girl who hit me even though we had the
right-of-way.  She didn't have insurance since she was from Iowa and they
didn't make drivers have insurance back then (I don't know if they do now).
Only 2 blind people I know who were hit by a car received payment from the
drivers; quite a bit.
Thanks
Lauren

advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be
understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
-- Ralph Nichols
Visit us at catliness.com