[nfbwatlk] Trekker

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Wed Aug 29 02:24:05 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've had problems with Humanware regarding my old BrailleNote.  I paid what
I consider to be big bucks to have a new battery put in and upgrades/updates
made and the battery still will not hold it's power for very long at all and
sometimes the unit resets itself, reloading KeySoft.  So now I just use it
as a braille display for my regular computer; it seems to handle that okay.
But I cannot take it with me and use it away from my computer hardly at all.
And Humanware doesn't seem to know what the problem(s) is/are and I'm not
spending any more money on it.

At least FS got my braille display for work back to me in pretty good time
when it needed to be fixed.  So, though neither  of those companies is the
greatest for us, FS is certainly not alone in poor service and charging a
lot.
Thanks
Lauren

advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be
understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
-- Ralph Nichols
Visit us at catliness.com