[nfbwatlk] Seattle Goodwil protest reminder

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Thu Aug 23 23:48:29 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder that the NFB of Washington will be holding the local Goodwill protest this Saturday, August 25th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.. We will have signs to carry and fliers to hand out.The Goodwill thrift store is located at 411 Westlake Avenue North in Seattle.  It is on the west side of Westlake Ave N about halfway between Harrison St and Republican St.

There are many restaurants and coffee shops in the area (no food or beverages on the picket line, please)

Here is transit information:

Metro Transit route #17 stops on the east side of Westlake Ave N at Thomas St (far side stop). Harrison St is the next cross street to the north (left). You can reach Metro at  www.metro.kingcounty.gov or (206)-553-3000

The South Lake Union Streetcar also serves the area, stopping at Terry Ave N and Thomas St (1 block east of Westlake Ave N) You can catch the streetcar on the NE corner of Olive and 5th Ave/Westlake Ave. The streetcar runs every 15 minutes on Saturdays. Their website is www.seattlestreetcar.org/slu.htm

Below is my original message:

On Saturday, August 25th from 11 .m.m - 1 p.m. we will hold our local Goodwill informational protest at the new Goodwill Thrift Store at 411 Westlake Avenue N. inn Seattle. All NFBW members and friends are welcome to join us. We will give information to the press shortly before the protest . We will pass out information sheets to the public. This is a very visible location in the South Lake Union neighborhood, and is served by the South Lake Union Trolley and other Metro bus routes.

I don't need to reprint previously posted NFB information on our fight for minimum wages for all workers with disabilities. This is an important event here in Seattle and the rest of the country. NFBW President Mike Freeman will be there to lend his excellent voice to the cause.

This is a peaceful demonstration. We will not block any entrances to the store, other business access or any traffic. We are not there to confront the local Goodwill. We are there to get our message out. It can be an energizing event! For anyone who has not picketed with the Federation before, and who wishes to talk with those of us who have done so, I encourage you to contact Mike Freeman, myself, Bennett Prows or other veteran Federationists. It's OK to ask questions.

As I said earlier, all NFBW members and friends are welcome to come and join us.

Please contact me if you will be attending so we have an idea about how many of us will be there.

Marci Carpenter

Director of Public Relations

NFB of Washington

mjc59 at q.com