[nfbwatlk] Made it through hurricane Irene ok!

Fri Sep 2 15:31:38 UTC 2011

Hey Fat Albert,

Glad y'all made it through Irene.  I haven't been *blowing you off*, just out of the loop for  a while.  Hope you can get your antennas up again soon.  (grin.)

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Albert Sanchez
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:50 AM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Made it through hurricane Irene ok!

Hello List
Just a quick note to let you know that we made it through hurricane Irene
without problems here in Greenville NC. Greenville NC is about 70 miles
inland from the coast of Eastern North Carolina. It started raining here
around 19:00 PDT local time on Friday evening and did not stop until 20:00
PDT Saturday evening. At one point we had wind around 40 MPH and gusts up to
as high as 70 MPH. Our power dropped out several times on Saturday afternoon
around 14:00 PDT but was only off for about 10 minutes. There have been many
trees fall and much flooding so that many thousands of people have lost
power in the area but, again, we have been extremely fortunate in that
regard. Our cable TV and highspeed internet and email was down for about 24
hours.

Albert and Gerrie Sanchez