[nfbwatlk] Fwd: [nobe-l] FW: Hearing, NC School for the Blind

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Oct 28 15:40:04 UTC 2011

Shades of things to come? Let's hope not.

Admittedly, the situation is different in North Carolina. Methinks it would be a no-brainer to close one of the schools for the deaf since there are two. But the blind, being the smaller minority, appear to be under the gun once again.

To be sure, even under Washington's Governor Gregoire's proposed austerity budget, the Washington School for the Blind seems to be okay as long as Oregon blind students keep coming. But God knows what hair-brained schemes may be floated come January!

It's "Keep your powder dry" time.

Mike Freeman
sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message: