[nfbwatlk] Turning Up the Heat

Mon Nov 28 23:12:05 UTC 2011

Right.  What has this younger generation come to?  Shoe leather meat is not good for the soul.

Wonder if there are cultures that roast field mice?  wonder if

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Mary Ellen
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:39 PM
To: 'NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] Turning Up the Heat

A friend discovered that a field mouse had taken up residence in her oven
when she accidentally cooked it! Yuccc!!

Another friend accidentally baked a spoon into her cake.  I recently forgot
to take a knife out of the roaster pan when I decided the roast needed to be
returned to the oven because my family doesn't like rare meat.  That left me
with two serious questions.  First, how did I become so absent-minded.
Second, how did I go so wrong as a wife, mother, and cook that my family
doesn't appreciate the red in red meat?