[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Help determine Seattle's transporta?tion future next week

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 20:30:52 UTC 2011

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TY6KmRRBO65jQB76m2O1L
kj09zLw4QYW> Streets for All Seattle

Dear ,

Next week, the Citizens
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2Bbs6tgsIUhIXuz4qo7T
Ex0j09zLw4QYW> Transportation Advisory Committee III (CTAC III) is holding
three public workshops to hear from Seattle residents about how we should
prioritize our transportation needs and evaluate funding options, including
a potential ballot measure.

Your
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=S973A1Zz9wKZI6rGI7mse
kj09zLw4QYW> attendance at one of these three meetings will go a long way
towards making walking, biking, and transit the easiest ways to get around
Seattle:

West Seattle: Monday, May 23, 5:30 - 7:30pm
Southwest Library, Meeting Room, 9010 35th Ave SW
Councilmember Tom Rasmussen in attendance

Fremont: Tuesday, May 24, 5:30 - 7:30pm
Fremont Library, Meeting Room, 731 N 35th Street
Mayor Mike McGinn in attendance

Central District: Thursday, May 26, 5:30 - 7:30pm
Washington Middle School, Cafeteria, 2101 S Jackson Street
Mayor Mike McGinn in attendance

Bring a friend and
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nAfoWwg0%2FQw%2F%2BMk
QPreE9AbChDDqOCvA> join us at one of these meetings to make your voices
heard for a transportation system that will work for our future.

Please help tell CTAC III and the City of Seattle that in an era of limited
resources, we need to be smart and strategic about how we spend the funds we
have.

Some suggested talking points are that any new public investments in our
transportation system should make Seattle:

1.  Healthy by promoting active transportation options;
2.  Affordable by not making automobile-ownership a prerequisite for
mobility;
3.  Vibrant by providing green jobs with local skill-building and job
creation;
4.  Equitable by ensuring that our transportation system works for everyone
- young and old, able-bodied and disabled, rich and poor;
5.  Environmentally-responsible by helping to protect Puget Sound and lower
overall carbon emissions.

Please click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=f46otUNGQI8OQDbevkw5m
kj09zLw4QYW> here to sign up for one, two, or all three of the meetings next
week.

Thanks for all of your good work.

Sincerely,

Craig Benjamin and Max Hepp-Buchanan
Streets For All Seattle

  _____

You're getting this email because you signed up for updates or to volunteer
on our website, or because of our relationship. We do not sell or otherwise
share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PZjs8c52mJLQJXuR3w0aE
0j09zLw4QYW> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all email.

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=503834582>

  _____

.