[nfbwatlk] FW: Double Your Money with an Assistive Technology IDA!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri May 6 04:21:11 UTC 2011

From: Washington Access Fund [mailto:leann at washingtonaccessfund.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:14 PM
To: president at nfbw.org
Subject: Double Your Money with an Assistive Technology IDA!

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may
<http://e2ma.net/map/view:CampaignPublic/id:1404208.7053292072/rid=b1d9e4969
c14e93ce6a2b70adfe5b39e> see it online .

Share This:
<http://social.e2ma.net/next/e/1404208/d60039ae7fde482058b7a88d696eaf6a/7053
292072/?mrid=b1d9e4969c14e93ce6a2b70adfe5b39e> Description: Image removed by
sender.
<http://social.e2ma.net/next/t/1404208/d60039ae7fde482058b7a88d696eaf6a/7053
<http://social.e2ma.net/next/f/1404208/d60039ae7fde482058b7a88d696eaf6a/7053
<http://social.e2ma.net/next/l/1404208/d60039ae7fde48%202058b7a88d696eaf6a/7

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870225/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/index.php> Description: Image removed by sender.
Washington Access Fund

	May 3rd, 2011

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870226/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/pgaida_announcement.php> Dear Service
Provider and Disability Advocate:

Do you know an individual with a disability who needs assistive technology?
If so, I want to introduce you to the Washington Access Fund's pilot
"Individual Development Account"
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870227/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/ida_program.php> (IDA) program. The IDA
is a matched savings account that helps people with disabilities earn a
grant of up to $4,000 for any sort of assistive technology, including, but
not limited to:

assisted listening devices
*	vision aids (for example: CCTV magnifiers)
*	computers, laptops, tablet PC's or iPads
*	home or vehicle modifications
*	dentures
*	specialized software (such as Dragon Naturally Speaking)
*	sports wheelchairs
*	communication devices

The Access Fund's IDA Program has been developed to help low-income
households (which is defined as
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870228/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/80_median_income_2010.php> 80% of the
family median income) save and earn match money to go towards assistive
technology (we also have an IDA program for business equipment!). However
much the individual saves, our program will match it dollar for dollar (up
to $4,000), thanks to a generous grant from the
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870229/1404208/goto:http:/www.pg
afoundations.com/TemplateMain.aspx?contentId=12> Paul G. Allen Family
Foundation. If the individual saves the maximum amount, they will have a
total of $8,000 to go towards assistive technology purchases. Participants
must save for a minimum of six months before they will be eligible to use
the funds and they have up to three years to spend it.

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870230/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/ida_program.php> More Information:

There is no deadline for applying but accounts are available on a first
come, first served basis and only a limited number of slots are available.

To request an application, please contact us directly by phone at (206)
328-5116 or by sending an email to  <mailto:leann at washingtonaccessfund.org>
leann at washingtonaccessfund.org. If you would like brochures or would like to
have applications on hand, please don't hesitate to let us know.
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870231/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/faq.php> Information and
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870232/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/application.php> application materials
are also available on our website.

The Access Fund also offers
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870233/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/resources/resources.php> resources and referral
services to help individuals with disabilities identify what devices and/or
services might benefit them most. We also provide free
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870234/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/home/business_webinar_announcement.php> small
business planning for people who are interested in self-employment and
starting their own business. We offer loans and matched savings accounts for
both assistive technology and business equipment. Please don't hesitate to
get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for your time and for all that you do!

Sincerely,
Leann Wicklund
IDA Program Coordinator

P.S. If you have a newsletter, we would greatly appreciate you spreading the
word about our IDAs!

  _____

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870235/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/index.php>
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870235/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/index.php> Description: Image removed by sender.
Access Fund Logo
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870235/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/index.php> Our mission is to promote access to
technology and economic opportunity for individuals with disabilities in
Washington State. The Washington Access Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and
Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).

Washington Access Fund provides:
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870236/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/loans/assistive_technology_loans.php> Assistive
Technology Loans,
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870237/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/loans/telework_loans.php> Business Equipment Loans,
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870238/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/cctv_rentals/cctv_rentals.php> CCTV Rentals, and
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870239/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/ida_program/ida_program.php> Matched Savings IDAs

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870240/1404208/goto:http:/www.wa
shingtonaccessfund.org/%23Listserv_Signup> Join the Access Fund email list.

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870241/1404208/goto:http:/www.fa
cebook.com/washingtonaccessfund%23%21/pages/Washington-Access-Fund/144224948
946874?v=wall&ref=ts>
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870241/1404208/goto:http:/www.fa
cebook.com/washingtonaccessfund%23%21/pages/Washington-Access-Fund/144224948
946874?v=wall&ref=ts> Description: Image removed by sender. Facebook Logo
<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870241/1404208/goto:http:/www.fa
cebook.com/washingtonaccessfund%23%21/pages/Washington-Access-Fund/144224948
946874?v=wall&ref=ts>

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870242/1404208/goto:http:/www.fa
cebook.com/washingtonaccessfund%23%21/pages/Washington-Access-Fund/144224948
946874?v=wall&ref=ts> Friend us on Facebook.

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870243/1404208/goto:https:/npo.n
etworkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=1002363&code=Website>

100 South King Suite 280 | Seattle, Washintgon 98104 US

This email was sent to president at nfbw.org. To ensure that you continue
receiving our emails, please add us to your
address book or safe list.

<http://e2ma.net/app/view:Manage/signupId:1409882/id:1404208.7053292072/rid:
b1d9e4969c14e93ce6a2b70adfe5b39e> manage your preferences |
<http://e2ma.net/app/view:OptOut/ID:1404208.7053292072/signupId:1409882/rid:
b1d9e4969c14e93ce6a2b70adfe5b39e> opt out using TrueRemoveT

Got this as a forward?
<http://e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:1409882/acctId:1404208/mailingId:208
550043/rid:b1d9e4969c14e93ce6a2b70adfe5b39e> Sign up to receive our future
emails.

<http://e2ma.net/go/7053292072/208550043/221870244/1404208/goto:http:/www1.n
etworkforgood.org/for-nonprofits/fundraising/emailnow> EmailNow powered by
Emma