[nfbwatlk] FW: NBP-Announce: Corduroy, in print/braille, English or Spanish!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 23:00:20 UTC 2011

Corduroy
by Don Freeman
Print/braille (contracted with skip lines) and pictures: $6.99 English or
Spanish - please specify Ages 4-8

Thousands of children's books are published each year, but only a handful
become classics. It's hard to say exactly what unique blend of story, plot,
character, and resolution pulls a book into our hearts, but we know it when
it happens.

Several years ago, we decided to keep some classics in stock - in addition
to our monthly selections for the Children's Braille Book Club-books like
"Madeline" and "Little Red Riding Hood." Now we have added Don Freeman's
classic "Corduroy," a winning, completely childlike picture book in which a
stuffed bear waiting hopefully in a toy department finds a home with a
little girl. We're offering Corduroy in both English and Spanish editions.

Plus, Barnes & Noble is allowing us to sell their plush 9-inch Corduroy bear
- made exclusively for their stores - to our customers! Now your children or
grandchildren can cuddle up with Corduroy as they listen to his story.

English version:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/CORDUROY.html

Spanish version:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/CORDSPANISH.html

Plush Corduroy bear: $9.95
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/CORD-DOLL.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302 Or call and charge it:
toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .