[nfbwatlk] Convention Caucus

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Mar 8 04:53:39 UTC 2011

Fellow Federationist:

We have traditionally held an NFB of Washington caucus to discuss the
convention, answer questions of first-time conventioneers and generally
share information and fellowship among NFB of Washington national
convention-goers.  WE have held the caucus at eight o'clock in the morning
of the day of the meeting of the NFB Board of Directors and the
preponderance of NFB division meetings.  I know some traditionally complain
how early this is with the traiditional accompaniment of cat-calls and
groans.

I still maintain that there are few other times when we can pretty-much
guarantee that a majority of us can be in the same place at the same time
for a caucus.  However, I am open to other proposals for meeting
times/dates.

I ask because Mrs. Jernigan, chairman of Convention Organization, has asked
us affiliate presidents to provide her with desired caucus dates/times.  At
present, the caucus is scheduled as might be expected for eight o'clock on
the morning of Tuesday, July 5.  If I do not receive viable alternative
proposals in the next two days, I will keep this schedule.

Thanks.

Mike Freeman, President

NFB of Washington