[nfbwatlk] books featuring blind character

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Mon Mar 7 18:00:32 UTC 2011

You can submit your book to the book selection committee. (There are members
on that committee from throughout the country.)  The other alternative is to
talk with the Washington library to see if they want to do it locally and
then make it available to other libraries.  That's how I got hold of a book
by Ernie Harwell that NLS didn't believe would have wide enough appeal to be
done nationally.  The Michigan library did it and it appeared in the NLS
catalog.  I requested it and the Michigan library sent it along.
One word of caution.  NLS tends to highly favor best sellers.  There are a
number of books about cats, and a number of poetry books, but they may think
haiku about cats only is too narrow a subject range.  That doesn't mean you
shouldn't try, though.