[nfbwatlk] FW: Upcoming Re-Districting Community Meetings

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:41:41 UTC 2011

Dear Friend:

I am writing to let you know about some upcoming public meetings that are
your opportunity to provide important feedback about an issue that could
affect you as a King County resident.

The  <http://kingcounty.gov/operations/districting.aspx> King County
Districting Committee recently released four alternative plans for redrawing
County Council districts, which must be done to equalize population
following each U.S. Census. The plans are posted on the Committee's website
at  <http://www.kingcounty.gov/districting> www.kingcounty.gov/districting.

The Districting Committee is hosting a series of community meetings to
discuss the plans and gather input from the community. The meeting times and
locations are:

Wednesday, June 29
6:30-8:30 p.m.

Shoreline City Hall
Council Chambers
17500 Midvale Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133

Thursday, June 30
6:30-8:30 p.m.

Bellevue City Hall
Council Chambers
450 110th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Thursday, July 7
6:30-8:30 p.m.

Highline Community College

Building 7
2400 S 240th Street
Des Moines, WA 98198

Tuesday, July 12
6:30-8:30 p.m.

Van Asselt
Community Center
2820 S Myrtle Street
Seattle, WA 98108

Following community input and further study by the Districting Committee,
the draft plans may be revised. A final district plan must be approved by
the Committee by January 15, 2012.

If you have any questions or want more information, I encourage you to visit
the King County Districting Committee's website at
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/districting>
http://www.kingcounty.gov/districting.

As always, please feel free to contact me at (206) 296-1001 or
<mailto:bob.ferguson at kingcounty.gov> bob.ferguson at kingcounty.gov. You can
also find me on  <http://www.facebook.com/CouncilmemberBobFerguson>
Facebook.

Sincerely,

Bob

Bob Ferguson
King County Councilmember
Metropolitan King County Council, District 1
516 3rd Avenue, Room 1200
Seattle, WA 98104
ph: (206) 296-1001 | fx: (206) 296-0198
For more information:  <http://www.kingcounty.gov/ferguson>
www.kingcounty.gov/ferguson

Visit our website to view the latest District 1 eNews

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/promo_guidelines.php#/pages/Councilmem
ber-Bob-Ferguson/64758681807?ref=ts>

  _____

.