[nfbwatlk] Reauthorization of the Workforce Investment Act

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 21:16:03 UTC 2011

The following senators are on the Health, Education, Labor, and Pension Committee, which will be voting on the Reauthorization of the Workforce Investment Act on August 3.  If you have friends/family/college alumni/Facebook friends who live in a state represented by a senator on this committee have them contact their senator and ask them to remove Section 511 of the Reauthorization of the Workforce Investment Act.  Explain this will allow employers to pay those with disabilities less than minimum wage.  Stress everyone deserves equal pay for equal work.  We need to go outside the NFB and think of our personal contacts who can also call their sentators.  Thank you for your time.

Julie Goldbeck
Democrats by Rank

Tom Harkin (IA)
Barbara A. Mikulski (MD)