[nfbwatlk] did you hear?

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Wed Jul 27 19:48:27 UTC 2011

Woohoo!

Marci Carpenter
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mario & Sharon" <eilandms at insightbb.com>
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:26:12 PM
Subject: [nfbwatlk] did you hear?

I got this from the Kentucky mailing list.
Below is the announcement from the Rehabilitation Services Administration!

Re:        WIA Markup Postponed

              For those who read on the run, this Washington Wire deals with
only one issue:  The postponement of the Workforce Investment Act
reauthorization
markup in the Senate, which was scheduled for August 3, 2011.

              Earlier this morning, we received official word from the Hill
that the Senate HELP Committee markup of the discussion draft of the
reauthorization
of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), which includes, of course, the
reauthorization of the Rehabilitation Act, has been postponed until sometime
after
the summer recess.  As we understand it, the markup will take place on other
issues, but the WIA Reauthorization discussion draft will NOT be on the
agenda.

               At this time, no date has been set for the rescheduling of
the markup of the Senate WIA discussion draft.

               We will keep you advised as additional information becomes
known to us.

                Thank you.

Patricia Leahy

Director of Governmental Affairs and Public Policy

National Rehabilitation Association

633 South Washington Street

Alexandria , VA 22314

1-888-258-4295

NRA Office - 703-836-0850

NRA Fax - 703-836-0848

TDD - 703-836-0849

E-mail -
patricia at nationalrehab.org

Thank You

Pamela Roark-Glisson
Executive Director
Independence Place
1093 S. Broadway Suite 1218
Lexington, Kentucky 40504
Office (859) 266-2807
Toll Free (877) 266-2807
Fax (859) 335-0627
Cell (859) 948-3663

The information contained in this E-mail may be privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the identified recipient any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you
think that you have received this email message in error, please inform the
sender, and delete this message permanently from your computer files.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfbk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbk_nfbnet.org/eilandms%40insightbb.com