[nfbwatlk] ERRS Talk Show

Thu Dec 15 15:26:19 UTC 2011

Hi Listers,

Last evening, as promised, we had the final live talk show on the Evergreen Radio Reading Service.  Gregg Porter, the excellent broadcaster, engineer, producer and studio announcer set up the room for the hosts who could attend.  There had been a party in the afternoon for many of the volunteers at ERRS, and featured at the in-studio portion of the talk show were excellent cookies made by staff at the WTBBL.

Daryl Fixton, (not sure of the spelling there), Chris Colter and I were in the studio to field the numerous calls from well-wishers who have made  the weekly shows successful representations of the non-print community's interest in the many, and I mean many guests we have had on over the 38 years of the Service.  Mary Mohrman was on the phone from her hospital bed, as she's recovering from some pretty serious health issues.  She has been doing talk shows throughout the life of the program, and had a lot of memories as did we all during the hour long talk fest.  We had a considerable amount of callers, expressing interest in knowing about the reduced programming being planned for the service for the immediate future.  Gregg filled us in on the shows that will either be continued or introduced.

John Pai and Gregg are the two broadcasters who will most unfortunately be laid off at the end of the year.  They have done yeoman's service at the ERRS, and will leave it running as best they can.  We wish them all the best in whatever endeavors they find and accomplish, and thank them for their great work at WTBBL.

I certainly enjoyed talking again with the many callers, and remembering some of the interesting and important broadcast I hosted.  It has been a fantastic run, and If I get a chance, I will broadcast somewhere again, ..., sometime.

In the meanwhile, remember there are archived talk shows from the past few years on the WTBBL web-site.  Next week will feature a rebroadcast of a program starring Santa Claus, and the last week of the shows on December 28, will feature a rebroadcast of last year's new Year celebration with the authors of Left Coast Libations which features cocktails to be consumed on that festive eve, written by west coast bar tenders.  That program is  hosted by, wait for it, ...,

me!

Have fun.

Bennett Prows