[nfbwatlk] FW: [Youth-outreach] How Blind Youth Can Confidently Introduce Themselves To Strangers In Any Social Situation

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sun Dec 11 18:33:29 UTC 2011

Sure. But the parents may have few social graces themselves. I would
also add that one should seriously consider whether or not to add that
they're a proud member of the NFB on first meeting someone. For me
personally, I wouldn't say so right away not because I'm not proud of
my membership in the organization, but because such a comment may
invite questions about blindness that I may or may not want to
entertain at the moment. I guess then that one should first ask
themselves if they're in a mood to educate before mentioning blindness
in any way at all. Just my two cents.

Respectfully,
Jedi