[nfbwatlk] FW: Fw: Columbia City Mural Project--Dec. 7 or 8?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Dec 1 01:54:38 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org [mailto:wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org] On Behalf
Of Denise Colley
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:03 PM
To: wcb list
Subject: [Wcb-l] Fw: Columbia City Mural Project--Dec. 7 or 8?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim, Nancy (DSB)" <nancy.kim at dsb.wa.gov>
To: "Kim, Nancy (DSB)" <nancy.kim at dsb.wa.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:30 PM
Subject: Columbia City Mural Project--Dec. 7 or 8?

Community Arts Create, a Columbia City arts organization,  has recruited
our Seattle Office and 11 other neighborhood organizations to create a
mural that illustrates the past, present and future of Columbia City.
The mural will be located at 5021 Rainier Avenue S. (near Rainier and
Hudson, south of Tutta Bella) and will be installed to debut in May 2012
as part of the ArtWalk Launch Party!

We're now looking for about 8 to 14 people who can participate in an
approximately 2-hour mural "conception workshop" on either December 7th
or 8th at our Seattle office.  This workshop will be used to generate
stories and ideas regarding the past, present and future of Columbia
City.  The mural artist, Emily Taibleson, and the organizer, Ben Hunter,
will use what comes out of the workshop to sketch DSB Seattle's story as
part of the larger Columbia City picture.

If you would like to participate in this 2-hour workshop, please email
me if you'd prefer Dec. 7 or Dec. 8 by tomorrow morning.  If you cannot
make any of these dates, but would still like to participate in the
process at a later date, please email me as well.  In the spring, there
will be opportunities to actually paint the mural or be interviewed by
Community Arts Create for a documentary film made in conjunction with
the mural process.

Thanks much and let me know by tomorrow if you'd like to participate and
if you have a preferred date.

Best,
Nancy

Nancy Kim <www.dsb.wa.gov> 206.906.5529