[nfbwatlk] Paul Steven Miller

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Oct 20 23:29:22 UTC 2010

From: Lissner, Scott [mailto:Lissner.2 at osu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:22 PM
To: ohioadanetwork at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Paul Steven Miller: will be missed

http://www.law.washington.edu/

A Devastating Loss
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our colleague, friend, mentor and esteemed professor Paul Steven Miller. He was surrounded by the love of his family and close friends.

In honor of Paul, Dean Kellye Y. Testy and UW Law announced the dedication of this year to Professor Miller. “This year and beyond, we will celebrate his life by infusing his dedication to public service and to equal justice in all we do. We will miss our dear friend and colleague more than we can say.”

Interim UW President Phyllis Wise remembers Paul:
"I first met Paul Miller when I interviewed for the Provost's position. I realized how much he cared about the UW. Then I got to know him better when he served on the Obama transition team, and I realized how much he cared about the country. More recently I got to know about his wife and children. I realized how much he loved his family, and I learned about his passion for life. We have lost a man of wisdom, integrity, devotion, and compassion. I feel so privileged to have known him and counted him as a friend and colleague."

Funeral services will be held at Temple De Hirsch Sinai. 1441 16th Street, Seattle, on Wednesday, October 20, at 5 pm. Other memorial services are being planned for Seattle and Washington, D.C.