[nfbwatlk] TVI Certification Training

Denise Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 16:46:08 UTC 2010

For TVI which is a continuing certificate to teach blind children is reciprocated with a certificate in the state of Washington.  Portland State University is the only place in the Northwest where you can get training for such a certificate.  The Mobility part is just beginning in the summer but is limited to people who already have the TVI, Rehab or Vision Therapy training. The TVI program is a distance program with one summer quarter required to attend in Portland otherwise you can continue in your local community.   It is a good program and I would recommend you check in with Dr Bickford at Portland State.