[nfbwatlk] Fw: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Update on Ray McGeorge

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed May 12 01:32:01 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott C. LaBarre" <slabarre at labarrelaw.com>
To: "NFB of Colorado Discussion List" <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>; "NFB
Affiliate Presidents List" <nfbaffiliatepresidents at nfbnet.org>; "National
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:21 PM
Subject: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Update on Ray McGeorge

Greetings Friends:

I just returned from Rose Hospital here in Denver where I was able  to visit
with Diane McGeorge and also able to see Ray very briefly.  He is still in
the ICU and on the respirator but he has been very stable today.  Yesterday
afternoon after I had last written, Ray hit a rough patch where many of his
vital signs went out of wack including his temperature which exceeded 105
for a couple of hours.  They instituted all kinds of treatment yesterday and
brought everything under control in the night.

Today, he has been showing definite signs of improvement in that he fusses
when they try to move him around too much and he has been gripping Diane's
hand and not wanting to let it go.  He is still very heavily sedated but
they are going to reduce those medicines slowly through the day with the
hope that they will be able to revive him fully tomorrow.  There is great
hope that he has passed through the worst of the infection and has rounded
the corner.

Diane expressed great grattitude for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  She
wants all of us to keep them coming.  From what the doctors have told Diane,
it is now the beginning of the time period when they expect the antibiotics
to start taking full effect and pushing back the infection.  I am very
confident and hopeful  that Ray will fight through this, but we need to keep
sending our prayers and positive thoughts Ray and Diane's way.  I will
update the lists further when I know more.  Please feel free to circulate
this broadly so that all of the McGeorge's friends know what is going on.
Thanks,
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the designated recipient, you may not read,
copy, distribute or retain this message. If you received this message in
error, please notify the sender at 303) 504-5979 or slabarre at labarrelaw.com,
and destroy and delete it from your system. This message and any attachments
are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.