[nfbwatlk] Fw: FDA clears first implantable telescope for vision

Kay Burrows theladykathryn4one at juno.com
Sat Jul 10 16:17:19 UTC 2010

It seems to me the process of learning to use or integrate the new vision
could be quite intimidating for many seniors especially those for whom
vision is the least or at least low on the list of their disabilities, would
find this process difficult or extremely stressful.  When one factors in the
possibility of the implant process which can cause loss of remaining vision,
this leaves very few realistic candidates available.  If this is the
pinnacle of the research and development for the project, then a great deal
of research time and money have been used foolishly.   Personally I would
rather see research used to improve prevent blindness in the young and
youthful. At the age of 63<gads where did the time go?>we need to look to
the future and not try to accommodate a very few older persons who can't or
won't accept the blindness.

-I guess the project reelects more of the "boo hoo poor blind people"
philosophy
"
KB