[nfbwatlk] Sad News

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Wed Feb 24 05:20:42 UTC 2010

Thanks for passing along that sad news. I'm very sorry she's gone, but so
glad her suffering is over.
Seville and I took a vacation to Boston one memorable weekened in 1986. We
walked the freedom trail -- both of us being American history buffs. Several
of the guides in the locations took time to let us explore and to explain in
greater depth than their canned speeches.
We went to a festival in Little Italy. A statue of Saint Agripina (not sure
of spelling) was carried through the streets; a local person wanted to make
sure we knew all about the saint. For years afterward Seville asked me if
I'd seen Saint Agripina lately.
We ate at Legal Seafood, more than once.
We both satisfied a lifelong ambition to attend a baseball game at Fenway
Park. It was so crowded that we had to accept standing room only behind home
plate.
We visited the bar that was the inspiration for the tv show Cheers and a
drunk tried to pick her up.
We laughed a lot and talked a lot.
I also remember Seville as most of you do for her excellent writing and her
work at the Washington seminar and for the NFB of Virginia. But that
wonderful vacation in Boston will always be among my most treasured
memories.
Well, Seville has one up on me. She's the first to really meet Saint
Agripina.
We'll all miss her. She was one of those people who made life kinder, more
interesting, and a whole lot more fun.