[nfbwatlk] WTBBL PAC update.

Tue Feb 16 15:15:23 UTC 2010

Mike and All,

Sorry I didn't get this message earlier, I don't currently have a
working computer at home.  The viruses got me.

I hope the mailing party went well yesterday.  Good job.

For your information, I will be hosting the talk show tomorrow evening
on the Evergreen Radio Reading Service, and Jan Walsh, State Librarian,
and Danielle Miller (SP), Program librarian for the Washington Talking
book and Braille Library will be the guests.  We will be thoroughly
discussing the current budget crisis at Wtbbl.  Those who can call in
are certainly welcome and encouraged to do so.  The numbers are:  (800)
542-0866 (Ext. 5) from anywhere in Washington State outside of the
Seattle calling area, or (206) 615-0414 in the Seattle area.

Please either tune in, or go on-line at <www.wtbbl.org> to listen.

Thanks.

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Mike Mello
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:16 AM
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfbwatlk] WTBBL PAC update.

Hello:

 On Monday (02/15/2010) at 1:30 P.M. Members of the PAC and others will
be meeting at my apartment buildings (400 wall st) common room to stuff
envelopes for a mailing that we are sending out. This project is
sponsored by both NFBW and WCB. I am asking for people who have the time
to come and
help. Food will be provided, please contact me off list or at
208-301-0565 so i have a count for ordering pizza.
Thanks, and the text of the letter follows.

-Mike.

February 15, 2010

Dear Patron:

	The Washington Talking Book & Braille Library (WTBBL) needs your
help now!
	This is a terrible economic time in Washington State, and the
crisis has reached your library.  WTBBL has had to reduce staffing by
six people.
These cuts will directly impact your library service.
	WTBBL is a program of the Washington State Library, which is a
division of the Office of the Secretary of State.  Please contact your
legislators
and ask that they restore funding for the Washington Talking Book &
Braille Library.  Tell your legislators that the funding for WTBBL
appears in the
Secretary of States budget.
	Again, please phone your legislators to help restore the WTBBL
budget in order to prevent any further devastating cuts.  The phone
number for
the Legislative Hotline is (800) 562-6000.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Members of the Patron Advisory Council

Michael J. Mello