[nfbwatlk] Survey on emergency communications and people with disabilities

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Dec 27 16:54:47 UTC 2010

From: Olson, Toby [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:44 PM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: Survey on emergency communications and people with disabilities

From: FEMA-Disability-Integration-Coordination [mailto:Fema-Disability-Integration-Coordination at dhs.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:56 PM

Good Afternoon Colleagues:

The Director of FEMA’s Office of Disability Integration and Coordination, Marcie Roth, would like to share the following information with you regarding a research project on the use and usability of wireless technology by people with disabilities currently taking place.

Please feel free to forward to anyone you feel would be interested.

________________________________

Sent: Wed Dec 22 09:47:54 2010

Hi All,

I am a researcher at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta. I am working on a research project on the use and usability of wireless technology by people with disabilities.

We are currently conducting a survey about two aspects of the way people with disabilities use emergency communications:
1) contacting 911 emergency services like fire, ambulance, police, etc.
2) receiving alerts about public emergencies like weather alerts, Amber alerts, etc.

It would help me a lot if you could take our survey. It takes only a few minutes. You can take the survey on-line at: http://www.wirelessrerc.org/news/take-the-2010-Emergency-Communications-survey.html

If you prefer to take the survey over the phone, you can call me toll-free at: 1-800-582-6360.

All participants will be entered into a drawing for a $250 Amazon gift card. The drawing will take place during the first week of January 2011.

I'll be sure to post results from the survey when we finish collecting data.

Thanks so much for your help!

--John

John Morris, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Wireless Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (Wireless RERC)
Shepherd Center
2020 Peachtree Road, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Telephone: 404-367-1348
john_morris at shepherd.org

This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act,  18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and contain information
intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information  is
Confidential, Protected by the Ga Peer Review Code and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended  recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
copying, or the taking of any  action based on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by returning this
email to the sender at shepherd.org  and then delete the original message
and attachments. This email has been scanned and found to be virus  free.
If this message contains a virus please contact postmaster at shepherd.org.
=