[nfbwatlk] FW: [futurewisesnohomish] Livable Snohomish County Summit and County Council Candidate Forum

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 08:01:05 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Kristin Kelly [mailto:Kristin at futurewise.org]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:40 PM
To: futurewisesnohomish at lists.onenw.org
Subject: [futurewisesnohomish] Livable Snohomish County Summit and County
Council Candidate Forum

Good afternoon.

If you have already RSVP'd to Kristin Kelly, just delete this message.
Please excuse cross-postings.

We still have seats available for the Summit and Candidate Debate, and would
love to fill the auditorium.  Please forward this invitation to your emails
lists.

LIVABLE SNOHOMISH COUNTY SUMMIT

AND

COUNTY COUNCIL CANDIDATE FORUM

"CLIMATE CHANGE AND LAND USE:

PLANNING FOR A LIVABLE SNOHOMISH COUNTY"

Free Event

Registration Required

Sponsored by TogetherGreen

HOSTED BY PILCHUCK AUDUBON SOCIETY, FUTUREWISE

LIVABLE SNOHOMISH COUNTY COALITION, SNOHOMISH GROUP OF SIERRA CLUB, and

MOUNTAIN LOOP CONSERVANCY

CANDIDATE DEBATE SPONSORED BY

KSER 90.7FM and LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF SNOHOMISH COUNTY

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10TH, 9 A.M. TO 4 P.M.

PUD BUILDING, 2320 CALIFORNIA STREET, EVERETT

SPACE IS LIMITED, RSVP TO RESERVE A SEAT and LUNCH

 <mailto:KRISTIN at FUTUREWISE.ORG> KRISTIN at FUTUREWISE.ORG OR 425-923-8625

Morning Session 9 a.m. to Noon - Presentations - Climate Change and Land
Use-Tim Trohimovich;

Transportation Choices- Bill LaBorde; Transit Oriented Development - Sara
Nikolic; Urban Centers - Dave Killingstad, County PDS Planner; County Public
Works Director - Steve Thomsen; Puget Sound- Terry Williams; Surface Water
Management-Dave Ward; Rural spokesperson- Then and Now, Future Hope- Bill
Blake; Urban spokesperson-Then and Now, Future Hope- David Allais; Rivers
and Streams-Jamie Glasgow; Hydropower-Rich Bowers and Dave Aldrich;
Snohomish County: A Future Perspective-Mike Cooper, Snohomish County
Council-, will focus on our changing climate and the future of Snohomish
County.  Enjoy a free lunch, discussion groups, and browse the informational
tables of organizations and businesses, and then join in for the afternoon
County Council Candidate Forum for Districts 1, 4 and 5 and hear what the
candidates have to say about their vision for the future.

Please RSVP to Kristin at futurewise.org as space is limited.  Include names of
attendees, addresses, phone numbers and emails, so we can send out an agenda
on line to save paper costs.

Also, instead of signing in at the event, we are asking folks to download
this page and fill in the information and bring it to the event.  We will
have a table where you can drop it off.  This will ensure folks can get in
the door quickly and into their seats in time for the 9 a.m. session.
Signing in means a chance at winning a $100 gift certificate at Anthony's
Home Port Restaurant in Everett!

Name_____________________________________________________________________

Address_____________________________________________________________________

Phone
number______________________________________________________________________

Email_______________________________________________________________________

Kristin Kelly

Snohomish County/Skagit County Program Director

Smart Growth Director, Pilchuck Audubon Society

email: kristin at futurewise.org

web:    www.futurewise.org

1429 Avenue D, PMB 532

Snohomish, WA  98290