[nfbwatlk] FW: Lunch Plans Tomorrow? Celebrate International PARK(ing) Day with Us!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 00:46:09 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Shefali Ranganathan [mailto:shefali at transportationchoices.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:59 AM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: Lunch Plans Tomorrow? Celebrate International PARK(ing) Day with
Us!

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sBGJ02OvsOx8SI%2BwzkA
B0%2FjRiEJYYJpj> Transportation Action!

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

FRIDAY FORUM: Join Us for Lunch in the PARK Celebrate PARK(ing) DAY
Have lunch plans for tomorrow?  Join us for lunch in the park.  We're taking
over a bunch of parking spaces in Seattle and Tacoma and turning them into
parks!  And we want you to bring your lunch and hang out at our parks
tomorrow, September 18th to celebrate PARK(ing) Day, a global day when
parking spots temporarily become public parks.  It's a day to remember that
Parking Spots = Public Spaces. Public space is limited and valuable and it's
an opportunity to rethink the way we balance the use of that space between
people and cars.

Stop by either park to show your support and say hello.

Transportation Choices Coalition is partnering with the Cascade Land
Conservancy, Zipcar, Cascade Bicycle Club
, and University of Washington Tacoma
to to celebrate PARK(ing) day in Seattle and Tacoma!  There will be
giveaways, plenty of information and a bicycle-powered smoothie machine!

For information about PARK(ing) DAY, check out http://www.parkingday.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MC6ritqe0IB1JW9gIYFWm
fjRiEJYYJpj>

SEATTLE:
WHEN: Friday, September 18, 10am-2pm
WHERE: 1st
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PBUTCXl9G5%2FBj%2FyAF
jWlivjRiEJYYJpj> Ave between University and Seneca
Co-hosted by: Transportation Choices Coalition, Cascade Land Conservancy,
Zipcar, and the Cascade Bicycle Club

TACOMA:
WHEN: Friday, September 18, 10am-2pm
WHERE: Pacific Ave and 19th Street in front of the University of Washington
Tacoma (near the UWT Starbucks)
Co-hosted by: Transportation Choices Coalition, Cascade Land Conservancy
, and the University of Washington Tacoma

Thank you to our sponsors of the Friday Forum Series
PLATINUM
Vulcan Inc.

GOLD
CH2M Hill
The Boeing Company
HDR Inc.

SILVER
Jacobs and Associates | IBI Group | HNTB Corporation | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Wilbur Smith Associates | Bricklin Newman Dold

Cheers!
Shefali Ranganathan
Director of Education and Outreach
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705
www.transportationchoices.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p%2F8TNdlI8Rfri0BDDZM
zzPjRiEJYYJpj>

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qJhD4lI1La19Kc3vqT9S2
vjRiEJYYJpj> click here to unsubscribe. If you do not currently get our
email Action Alerts, please subscribe on our website
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AvufH%2BgmoxT5MWvc1i3
HZPjRiEJYYJpj> www.transportationchoices.org.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=101446571>