[nfbwatlk] An Unscientific Poll

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Sep 7 04:21:29 UTC 2009

Hello, everyone.

First, thank you, Doug, for posting the convention section of the NFBW
web page; I suppose I should have done it but it's come out in dribs and
drabs and so I figured everyone had read it. But as a reminder and
gathering of salient convention information in one message, it's superb.

And, speaking of the web site, I hope everyone at least goes thru it
once; it's pretty-much the way I'm going to leave it for awhile. Yes,
it's very plain-Jane. However, it's accessible and, not being a crak
HTML programmer or style-sheet guru, it's what you're gonna get while
I'm doing the web maintenance. There is this: it isn't costing us
anything. <grin> The URL, BTW, is http://www.nfbw.org.

Speaking of the web site, I have a question: do you like the opening
page with or without the music? I rather like the music (especially as
it's a blue-grass version of "Glory Glory Federation") but got to
thinking that not everyone knows to hit the ESCAPE key to silence the
music while using a screen-reader. Should I put the music back or leave
it off? I haven't looked thru a lot of affiliate web sites but most
don't have opening music.

Also, is everyone easy without a "Skip to Content" link at the beginning
of the main page? I'm allergic to that concept, believing that most
people who've been around more than a day or two know to look for
headers and the first Level 1 Header is at the convention info and one
doesn't have to then hit the back button *twice* on any page to get to
the previous one.

If/when we ever publish the "Blind Liberator" newsletter, I anticipate
it will be on the web pages somewhere also. Now if I only had a feel for
how large an image was in pixels ...

Mike Freeman