[nfbwatlk] FW: WEC News: Special 2009 Election Update

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:14:58 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Joan Crooks, Washington Environmental Council
[mailto:Joan_Crooks_Washington_Environme at mail.vresp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:24 PM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: WEC News: Special 2009 Election Update

<http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=b20db487e6&lid=887&ldh=2
3e3b8dd07> this message to a friend

 Washington Environmental Council.jpg
<http://img.pcdn.vresp.com/media/f/e/7/fe79894143/b20db487e6/250a976241/libr
ary/Washington%20Environmental%20Council.jpg>

  October 2009: It's time to vote...

Dear Jacob,

<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/a8506d71
0d/key=1353> no-on-1033-web.jpgThere's just two weeks left until Election
Day and things are getting down to the wire. Most of you have already
received your ballots and some of you may have already mailed yours in. As
you probably know, WEC does not endorse candidates, but we do take positions
on statewide initiatives and work to involve and engage voters around
important environmental issues.

One statewide initiative we've been working hard to defeat is Tim Eyman's
latest - Initiative 1033. WEC strongly urges you to vote NO on I-1033.

Two things to note on I-1033. First, there are still many voters who don't
realize the threat that I-1033 poses to education, health care, and
environmental protections. From now until Election Day, we must talk to
thousands of voters and ask them to vote no. The No on I-1033 campaign and
the environmental community are hosting phone banks across the state and we
need all hands on deck, click
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/4d22008b
b7/key=1353> here to find a phone bank near you. Second, in King County,
I-1033 is very difficult to find on the ballot. Please make sure to look for
it in the bottom left-hand corner (under the instructions) - click
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/f2d0cdb5
79> here for a handy visual aid.

Although WEC hasn't taken a position on all the ballot measures, we wanted
to make sure you received the Progressive Voter's Guide compiled by our
Environmental Priorities Coalition partner, Fuse. They worked with a broad
coalition of non-profits to provide a progressive perspective on all
measures on the ballot. Click
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/e1ebdba9
e8> here to read the Voter's Guide.

Finally, don't forget to vote! In years when we lack the urgency of national
races to keep voting front of mind, it can be easy to forget to send in your
ballot. But local elections are essential to the future of issues we all
care about - the environment, health care, and education. I've just put a
stamp on my ballot so I can mail it and I hope you will do the same.

Thank you for your support,
 Joan Crooks
<http://proxy.pcdn.vresp.com/ba8013e95/www.wecprotects.org/images/joansig.jp
g/image>
Joan Crooks
Executive Director

P.S. The Friday after Election Day is WEC's big fundraising event of the
year - Live It: Celebrating our land, air, and water. I hope you can join
us! Click
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/f0ecaee8
81> here to browse the catalog of incredible silent auction items and click
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/4baa68e5
43> here to get your tickets.

<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?WashingtonEnvironmen/b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/b858cdee
1d> facebook.jpg

  _____

  _____

Click
<http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/310552/b20db487e6/887/23e3b8dd07/> to
view this email in a browser

  _____

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message
with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following
link: Unsubscribe <http://cts.vresp.com/u?b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/mlpftw>

  _____

Washington Environmental Council
1402 Third Avenue, Suite 1400
Seattle, Washington 98101

Read <http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html>  the
VerticalResponse marketing policy.

 <http://www.verticalresponse.com/landing/non-profits/?np/b20db487e6>
Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!
  <http://cts.vresp.com/o.gif?b20db487e6/23e3b8dd07/mlpftw>