[nfbwatlk] FW: Eyman's TABOR plan: seriously ridiculous

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:10:54 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Aaron Ostrom, Fuse Washington [mailto:info at fusewashington.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:16 PM
To: LAWNMOWER84 at HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: Eyman's TABOR plan: seriously ridiculous

"There are some things so serious you have to laugh at them."
-Niels Bohr (physicist)

We agree, especially when it comes to Initiative 1033 - Tim Eyman's TABOR
plan to place strict limits on funding for public services.1 The specter of
cutting another $8.8 billion from Washington State's public services and
structures over the next six years is ridiculously serious.2

What happens when you whack billions more from an already bleak budget? We
worked with our friends at ProgressNow Colorado to bring you this funny
video about the unintended consequences of I-1033. They suffered greatly
under a similar TABOR initiative in Colorado for many years. It gave them
far too many reasons to need a good laugh.3

 <http://www.fusewashington.org/page/ocs/1033videos/442kp> Click for Video
Watch the  <http://www.fusewashington.org/page/ocs/1033videos/442kp> Video

If you have trouble clicking the video above try this link:

Watch the  <http://www.fusewashington.org/page/ocs/1033videos/442kp> Video

Please share this video with your friends. Everyone needs a laugh-and a
warning about I-1033.

When you open your mail-in ballot, be sure to vote NO on I-1033. Doing so is
no laughing matter.

Best,

Aaron & the entire team at Fuse

1 Click here for a one page fact sheet about I-1033:
http://no1033.org/understand
<http://www.fusewashington.org/page/m2/2598804e/d21f0e/2a7912f8/4a640b1d/428
6395519/VEsF/>

2 State OFM report:
http://www.ofm.wa.gov/initiatives/i-1033_fiscal_impact.pdf
<http://www.fusewashington.org/page/m2/2598804e/d21f0e/2a7912f8/4a640b1e/428
6395519/VEsC/>

3 After adopting a similar TABOR fell from 35th to 49th among the 50 states
in state and local spending for K-12 education as a share of personal
income. Colorado trailed far behind seven neighboring states in job growth
after the 2001 recession. It did so much damage to the state's economy that
in 2005, Coloradans voted to suspend the law.

<http://www.fusewashington.org/page/m2/2598804e/d21f0e/2a7912f8/4a640b1f/428
6395519/VEsD/>

www.fusewashington.org
<http://www.fusewashington.org/page/m2/2598804e/d21f0e/2a7912f8/4a640b1f/428
6395519/VEsA/>

Fuse helps you make a difference by making your voice heard on the most
important issues when the decisions are being made. Real people generating
stronger progressive leadership from elected officials -- that is the power
of Fuse.
Together for Progress
Join us at
www.fusewashington.org
<http://www.fusewashington.org/page/m2/2598804e/d21f0e/2a7912f8/4a640b1f/428
6395519/VEsB/>

Support our member-driven organization: Fuse depends on the support of our
members. If you'd like to support our work, you can give now at:
www.fusewashington.org/donate
<http://www.fusewashington.org/page/m2/2598804e/d21f0e/2a7912f8/4a640b18/428
6395519/VEsO/>

  _____