[nfbwatlk] computer age grammar question

Kay Burrows theladykathryn4one at juno.com
Sat May 9 04:19:13 UTC 2009

While using electronic cards at the grocery store I had a problem that had
nothing to do with blindness, but has left me confused.  Where one enters
pin numbers using their styles the computer at the check stand frozen up.
It turns out that their stylus was at fault and not the people involved.
The manger was called in after two clerks could not get the order processed.
While trying to get the order to go through, I explained that I had already
swiped and input my pen numbers, but in trying to use pas tense it came out
"inputted" , then "input" or was it "inpat"  Does  one forgo the word input
when in past tense and say entered.  Is there past tense of input?

Thanks,

KB