[nfbwatlk] Fw: Social Security Website accessibility

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri May 1 22:24:51 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Sanders" <jsanders.nfb at comcast.net>
To: "NFB Senior Division list" <nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>
Cc: <ah at browngold.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:01 PM
Subject: [Nfb-seniors] Social Security Website accessibility

Below is a message from Ali Harper.  She explains who she is and how her
law firm is working with the NFB to determine how accessible the Social
Security website is.  Can we, as blind users, get meaningful
information?  Are we finding out what we want to know?  Whether our
experience is good or bad she wants to know about it.  If you are
willing to help please let her know.

Judy Sanders

The NFB is looking into the accessibility of the Social Security
Administration's website (www.ssa.gov).  We are looking for individuals
who either have used, tried to use, or would have reason to use this
website, for example, to apply for retirement or disability benefits,
check one's status if already a recipient or applicant for benefits, to
seek general information about social security benefits, or any other
reason.  The website has a lot of important information, and we want to
ensure it's accessible.  If you'd like to help us better understand how
accessible this website is, please contact Alli Harper at
ah at browngold.com, a Brown, Goldstein & Levy attorney working with the
NFB on this issue.

Thanks so much, Alli

Allison L. Harper

Attorney At Law

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
120 East Baltimore Street
Suite 1700
Baltimore, Maryland  21202
410-962-1030
410-385-0869 (fax)

ah at browngold.com

www.browngold.com

Confidentiality Notice

This e-mail may contain confidential information that may also be
legally privileged and that is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized agent of the recipient, please be advised that any
dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or taking of any action in
reliance on the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by
use of the reply button, and then delete the e-mail from your system.
Thank you.