[nfbwatlk] Impressions of SRC Meeting

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 23:05:19 UTC 2009

Hi, Everyone,

I want to commend K B, Jedi, Kris, and Dan Frye for their articulate
testimony opposing the closure of the OTC apartments.  Reading over my notes
last night, it occurred to me from the stats that 126 people were served by
the residential program in the past six years and ninety-one were
nonresidential.  This calculation came from Louoma['s number of 217 persons
served in the past six years, with 21 a year being residential.  Obviously,
the figures cited above should show that 126 people in the residential
program more than justifies its continuance.  If you didn't do the math, you
might conclude that 21 people a year isn't very much.

I wonder if Louoma submitted her strategic plan to OFM before yesterday's
meeting.

I am going to hope for the best.  Evidently the next several SRC meetings
are going to be in the Seattle area.  I hope the community will be a regular
presence.  Michael (last name do not know) suggested that the SRC have
another informal gathering with the community to continue to discuss things.
He is on the SRC.

Yesterday felt like "Power to the People" all over again.  I am glad I had a
chance to give testimony supporting the residential program in solidarity
with everyone else there.

Alco