[nfbwatlk] Fw: It's Crunch Time - Help Pass Transit Bill Now!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 00:38:32 UTC 2009

Environmental Priorities Coalition
----- Original Message -----
From: Kerri Cechovic - Environmental Priorities Coalition
To: jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 8:56 AM
Subject: It's Crunch Time - Help Pass Transit Bill Now!

            Environmental Priorities Coalition

      Forward to a Friend | Subscribe
            Dear Jacob,

            This is it!  Next week is a critical week of the Legislative Session. The Transit-Oriented Communities bill (HB 1490) will be up for a House floor vote by Wednesday.

            House Bill 1490 would create affordable, walkable communities connected by transit for Washington's families and has strong support from both the Environmental Priorities Coalition and the Washington Low Income Housing Alliance.

             Transit-Oriented Communities bill up for vote.

            Legislative Hot Line: (800) 562-6000

      We are so close!  But we need your help in this final push.  HB 1490 has passed out of the necessary committees and now needs to pass out of the House. Can you pick up the phone right now and urge your State Representatives to vote for Transit-Oriented Communities (HB 1490)?

      Legislative Hot Line: (800) 562-6000 (open 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.)

      Take a moment now to call your legislators and tell them "to support the Transit Oriented Communities Bill (HB 1490)."  Your call will push them towards supporting the bill.

      Click here and let us know that you made the call, so we can track the input legislators are receiving:

      http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5168/t/4691/signUp.jsp?key=771

      The following Representatives are sponsors of HB 1490: Sharon Nelson, Jamie Pedersen, Roger Goodman, Geoff Simpson, Dave Upthegrove, Sherry Appleton, Mary Lou Dickerson, Marko Liias, Jeff Morris, Mary Helen Roberts, Scott White, Timm Ormsby, John McCoy, and Mark Miloscia.

      If your representatives are sponsors of the bill, please thank them for their efforts and encourage them to do everything they can to pass Transit Oriented Communities.

      We can pass this bill. Please help us make Transit-Oriented Communities a reality.  Call your legislators today.

      http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5168/t/4691/signUp.jsp?key=771

      For more information about Transit-Oriented Communities, please visit www.environmentalpriorities.org

      Thank you,

      Kerri Cechovic

      This alert is part of a series of action alerts from the Environmental Priorities Coalition, an effort of the leading conservation groups that work in the state legislature to protect the health of people, land, air, water and wildlife of Washington. We work together to promote the passage of a focused list of priorities each year.

      The Environmental Priorities Coalition is a combined effort of:

        a.. American Rivers
        b.. Audubon Washington
        c.. Climate Solutions
        d.. Conservation NW
        e.. Earth Ministry
        f.. Environment Washington
        g.. Fuse
        h.. Futurewise
        i.. League of Women Voters of Washington
        j.. Lutheran Public Policy Office
        k.. National Wildlife Federation
        l.. NW Energy Coalition
        m.. ONE/Northwest
        n.. People for Puget Sound
        o.. Sierra Club Cascade Chapter
        p.. Surfrider Foundation
        q.. The Nature Conservancy of Washington
        r.. Transportation Choices Coalition
        s.. Washington Citizens for Resource Conservation
        t.. Washington Conservation Voters
        u.. Washington Environmental Council
        v.. Washington Toxics Coalition
        w.. Washington Wildlife and Recreation Coalition

      You have received this email because you are a member of one (or more!) of these organizations. This email is part of a special series of action alerts on urgent environmental issues facing the Washington state legislature. This email was originally sent to jacobstruiksma at gmail.com. If your email address has changed, you may update your email address. If you would prefer not receive additional alerts from the Environmental Priorities Coalition, you can unsubscribe.