[nfbwatlk] Resource

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 07:06:13 UTC 2009

If you are at least sixty, live in King County, and and need transportation to a medical appoinment, this resource may be just what you need.

Volunteer Transportation is a part of Senior Services which contracts with DSHS.  Volunteer drivers use their own cars and are reimbursed  _ce a mile as well as for what they spend on gas.

The agency needs you to call by Wednessday the week before your appointment.  Very That will call you back by Friday to let you know if your request can be filled.  I know that sounds a bit ify, but a friend of my aunt's used the service and was very very pleased.

The driver then calls you the day before your appointment to work out time of pickup, etc.  9:00 addm. com3:00 pddm. are the easiest times to accommodate.

The driver waits with you and drives you home.  Sometimes you can get just a one-way ride.

For more information, you can reach Volunteer Transportation by calling:  (206) 448-5740.

 If anyone reading this interested in being a volunteer driver, you can contact Melissa Tribelhorn:  (206) 748-7588.

Alco