[nfbwatlk] Fw: March Friday Forum: Federal Transportation Stimulus Package - What's in it for the Puget Sound Region?

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 02:28:29 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Shefali Ranganathan
To: jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:50 AM
Subject: March Friday Forum: Federal Transportation Stimulus Package - What's in it for the Puget Sound Region?

      FRIDAY FORUM: Federal Transportation Stimulus Package - What's in it for the Puget Sound Region?
      Last week, President Obama signed into law the federal stimulus package which includes money for transportation projects in Washington.  The state will see $341 million for state highways and $150 million which will be distributed through regional Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) like the Puget Sound Regional Council.  The package also includes almost $200 million for transit projects and grant money for ferries and intercity passenger rail.  Have questions about which projects will be funded?  Want to get some insight on how this package was developed?  Our panel will have all the answers for you.  Join Clark Mather from the office of Congressman Norm Dicks (D-WA) and Charlie Howard from the Puget Sound Regional Council for what's sure to be a lively discussion.

      <!--[endif]-->

      WHAT: Federal Transportation Stimulus Package - What's in it for the Puget Sound Region? with Clark Mather, Office of Congressman Norm Dicks and Charlie Howard, Puget Sound Regional Council.
      WHEN: Friday March 6, 12:00pm - 1:30pm
      WHERE: Seattle and King County Public Health Building, 401 5th Ave., Room 115 (first floor)

      Thank you to our sponsors of the Friday Forum Series
      PLATINUM
      Vulcan Inc.

      GOLD
      CH2M Hill
      The Boeing Company
      HDR Inc.

      SILVER
      Jacobs and Associates | IBI Group | HNTB Corporation | Parsons Brinckerhoff
      Bricklin Newman Dold | Christian Sinderman

      Cheers!
      Shefali Ranganathan
      Director of Education and Outreach
      Transportation Choices Coalition
      811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
      Seattle, WA 98104
      Phone: 206.329.2336
      Fax: 206.329.2705
      www.transportationchoices.org
      Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information, please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails from another area!

      We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation Choices Coalition, please click here to unsubscribe. If you do not currently get our email Action Alerts, please subscribe on our website www.transportationchoices.org.