[nfbwatlk] Meeting

Denise Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 20:04:22 UTC 2009

The "No Name" Book Club has met once.  I am sending this message to those of you who have expressed an interest in this social event.  We met at Marci Carpenter's apartment in West Seattle to organize and enjoy a meal together.  Four of us were present.  The decision was to rotate the locations each time with a new host.  In this way it is guarnteed that at least once we will not have to travel far to come to a meeting.  It was really fun to talk about our interests in literature and reading.  We found that each of us is a wealth of knowledge about many different authors, titles and genres.  We did not decide to have a full list for the year but to take it one meeting at a time.  We plan to meet approximately every six to eight weeks.  We are all very busy and felt that once a month was to frequent.  Organizationally it was decided that each meeting with have a host/hostess and a discussion leader.  The leader will be the host/hostess from the previous meeting.  Any selected title must be available in accessible media.  So here is the scoop for next time.
The next meeting is March 16 at Kay Burrows' apartment in Overlake.  She has a bus stop right at her building.  We meet beginning with a pot luck supper at 5:30 to 6:00.  This to accomodate travel and work schedules.  We will meet to discuss the book and take care of business 7:00 PM TO 8:00 PM.  Kay can be reached at (206)551-6233 for directions.
We are reading the book Destined to Witness: Growing Up Black in Nazi Germany; by Hans J. Massaquoi.  I have a print copy I have finished.  It is available on tape from the WTBBL or as a download.  It is also available for Audible.com.  If you do not have the opportunity read the book please still feel free to come.  Also, very importantly we are open to all who may be interested.  So feel free to invite friends or family who may be interested in meeting for stimulating and interesting discussion.  If you are interested in being on the "No Name" Book Club membership list let us know.