[nfbwatlk] Fw: Wow! New Great City Website and Online Tools.

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 01:23:29 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael McGinn
To: jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 3:34 PM
Subject: Wow! New Great City Website and Online Tools.

Dear Great City Supporters,

We had a great turnout last night for our official launch of the Streets for People campaign, with over 175 attendees, lots of networking and great presentations.

It is now our job to harness the creativity and energy within our community to create the positive changes we want to see.  Based on what we saw last night, we know that people in this town are ready to make a difference.

To aid our work on the Streets for People Campaign, our other campaigns, and your campaigns, we've called in the masterminds behind the Pickens Plan, Brett Horvath and his team to create our whiz-bang new online organizing tool: The Seattle Network and give a face-lift to Great City's website.

And the The Seattle Network is not just a tool for Great City, it is a tool for all community groups working to improve life in Seattle.  The website provides tools to form groups, hold conversations, post videos and photos, advertise events, post action alerts, share documents, even blog- all the tools needed for organizing.   But most important, it will allow us to connect with each other on a regular basis, to support all of our on-the-ground work.

Please sign up and join the Streets for People Campaign, our Green Infrastructure Campaign, or form your own group if you like.  We are particularly interested in new event postings, and content on work that you are doing.  The scale of the change we require won't happen without your active involvement.

So please check out The Seattle Network, explore the site, and join other people who believe that we can work together as a community to create the future we want.

Sincerely,

Michael McGinn

P.S. Thanks to our partners in planning the launch of the Streets for People campaign: Cascade Bicycle Club, Feet First, and the Sierra Club as well as all of the members of this coalition, which includes GroundswellNW, UrbanSparks, Sustainable Ballard, Friends of Seattle, Spokespeople, Sustainable NE Seattle, Sustainable Seattle, Seattle Parks Foundation, Sustainable Green Lake, Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition, NW EcoBuilding Guild, Transportation Choices, SvR Design, GGLO, Sustainable West Seattle, The Public Square, Unpaving Paradise, Seattle Tilth, AIA Seattle, CNU Cascadia, SDOT, Zimmer, Gunsul, Frasca Architects LLP, Seattle Urban Forest Stakeholders and the SafeWalks Coalition.