[nfbwatlk] FW: Join Mayor Nickels at his State of the City Address

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 06:25:17 UTC 2009

  _____

From: SeattleCAN at Seattle.Gov [mailto:SeattleCAN at Seattle.Gov]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:09 PM
Subject: Join Mayor Nickels at his State of the City Address

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*
Place: SeattleCAN
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*

Seattle Climate Action Now

Greetings!

It's a new year, with a new president, and a renewed commitment to meeting
Seattle's goals of reducing climate pollution.

When it comes to combating global warming, we know that the time to take
action is now.  We know that each and every one of us can be part of the
solution, whether it's switching out light bulbs with energy saving compact
fluorescents or hopping on the bus instead of into the car.  And we know
that our everyday choices can make a big difference.

We're gearing up for some great activities and we hope you'll get involved.
Here's a snapshot of what's coming up:

Mayors State of the City Address
Join us for the Mayor's annual State of the City address at the Rainier
Vista Boys and Girls Club, 4520 Martin Luther King Jr. Way South on February
17th, 12:00pm. For more information or to RSVP, email Lynda Petersen at
lynda.petersen at seattle.gov.

Green Festival
This year, Seattle Climate Action Now will be hosting a series of workshops
on everything you need to reduce your personal climate pollution -- from
solar panels to composting -- March 28 & 29 at the Washington State
Convention and Trade Center.

Starting Service for Light Rail
In July, Sound Transit will be opening the first segment of light rail from
South Seattle to downtown.  Join the celebration as the city takes a giant
leap to a cleaner, faster future.

Thank you for your support and for helping us meet the challenge of global
warming.  Together, we can make a difference!

Sincerely,

Mayor Greg Nickels

  _____

To be removed from this mailing list, reply to this message with REMOVE in
the subject line.

Contact Seattle Climate Action Now
SeattleCAN at seattle.gov
PO Box 94729